EC - FP7
FP7 is the short name for the Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development. This is the EU's main instrument for funding research in Europe and it will run from 2007-2013. FP7 is also designed to respond to Europe's employment needs, competitiveness and quality of life.
FP7 is structured in 5 specific programmes. The INCO-NET projects launched in the frame of the “Capacities” programme are dedicated to the reinforcement of the cooperation in S&T at regional level by establishing and strengthening the dialogue in S&T between EU and the targeted region in order to:
- Promote and structure the participation of third countries in the activities of FP7.Promote regional integration as well as
- identification and the prioritisation of common research areas of mutual interest and benefit.Facilitate the uptake and use of common identified research areas and the monitoring of performance and impacts of international S&T cooperation across the Specific Programmes of FP7.
- For more information on FP7 : http://ec.europa.eu/research/fp7/understanding/fp7inbrief/home_en.html
- For more information on FP7 calls: http://ec.europa.eu/fp7calls
- FP7 most recent calls can be found here: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:C:2012:202:0006:0008:EN:PDF
- To know more about the opportunities for the OCTs and the ACPs in the Pacific as well as for Australia and New Zealand, see attachement herebellow.
Pacific Islands – EU relations: Focus on Climate change
Pacific Islands – EU cooperation
The Pacific Plan for Strengthening Regional Cooperation and Integration, adopted by Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) leaders in 2005, sets out the region’s goals on cooperation and integration from 2006 to 2015 in four areas: economic growth, sustainable development, governance and security.
As a response to the Pacific Plan1, in 2006 the European Union adopted the EU Strategy for a Strengthened Partnership with the Pacific and in 2012 the New Commission Communication: Towards a renewed EU-Pacific development Partnership. The Commission uses a combination of policies and financial resources to put the strategy into effect:
- Increased development assistance to Pacific Countries and the region.
- Enhanced EU-PIF political dialogue, through participation in the Annual Forum Meetings and Ministerial Troika Meetings. The dialogue covers matters of common interest, ranging from regional security and governance to economic stability and growth, international trade, environment, climate change and development cooperation.
- Trilateral Pacific dialogue with Australia and New Zealand at Heads of Mission level, covering: country situations, peace and security in the region, Cairns Compact, climate change, Aid for Trade, energy, budget support and delegated arrangements.
Does climate change have any visible impact on Pacific Countries now? Read more on:
EUCARINET Fostering European Union - Caribbean Research and Innovation Networks http://www.eucarinet.eu/
EECA - S&T International Cooperation Network for Eastern European and Central Asian Countries http://www.enlace-project.eu/
INCONET-GCC - Science and Technology International Cooperation Network for Gulf Cooperation Countries aiming at the promotion of bi-regional dialogue http://www.inconet-gcc.eu/
EULARINET - European Union - Latin American Research and Innovation NETworks http://www.eularinet.eu/
MIRA - Mediterranean Innovation and Research Coordination Action http://www.miraproject.eu/
CA/SC - International Cooperation Network for Central Asian and South Caucasus countries http://www.inco-casc.net/
SEA-EU-NET - Facilitating the Bi-Regional EU-ASEAN Science and Technology Dialogue http://www.sea-eu.net/
CAAST-Net - Coordination and Advancement of sub-Saharan Africa-EU Science & Technology Cooperation Network http://www.caast-net.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/
WBC-INCO.NET - Western Balkan Countries INCO-NET http://www.wbc-inco.net/object/news/list